This customer provides a variety of high-tech products for use in telecommunications, transportation and defense, with the majority of its sales going to the Department of Defense. After a split from their parent organization, they were faced with the decision of whether to renew their subscription with the current eProcurement provider or move to a new platform. The incumbent solution was barely being used across the organization and procurement had no visibility into spend, which was split across seven different organizations. Coupa was selected because of its ease of use, both from an end user and administrative standpoint.
After initial kickoff was complete and “true production status” was reached, the customer reported a 2,000% increase in spend through the system (over the previous solution). Users love the self-service features like password resets, which used to take up to three days to complete with the previous system.
- Over 1,000 active users in the first six months
- 1.2M account codes
- Punchouts with Inkwell, Insight, OfficeMax, and Verizon Wireless
- Universal Search with Dell and Grainger
- Phased Rollout: Headquarters and one division at go-live, two divisions per month over the following three months
- Implementation to go-live: 6 months
Automated standard flat file integration file with numerous legacy ERP systems, client held all data in staging area before routing to appropriate division:
- Approved Invoices
- Invoice Payments