This case study is about a publicly traded media company with over 2,000 employees. In addition to publishing a number of newspapers, this particular media company owns and operates 35 radio stations and 13 television stations in 12 states. They needed to provide their users with an easy-to-use platform to capture expense report approvals, while reducing maverick spend up-front with pre-approved requisitions.
Coupa is successfully being used for requisition, expense management, approvals, budgeting, purchase orders, receiving, invoicing, reporting, and benchmarking. In addition to heavily using Coupa Expense Management, both orders and invoices are being transmitted via cXML to major Office Supply and IT Suppliers. As a testament to the ease of use and value of tracking spend through Coupa, an additional 175 expense licenses have been added in just three months following a successful Go-Live. On the reporting side, both Coupa power users and individuals with view-only access have taken full advantage of the real time reporting with over 200 custom reports created. All of this is managed through automated integrations with their PeopleSoft system.
- 800 expense users and 400 eProcurement users at the time of Go-Live
- Addition of 175 Expense Licenses in first 3 months
- Over 130,000 GL Accounts
- Over 7,000 Suppliers
- Approximately 1,500 expense reports in first 3 months
Access to both eProcurement and Expense Report functionality in Coupa was rolled out to end users gradually at individual locations following the initial Go-Live.
- Automated integration for the following business objects from PeopleSoft into Coupa:
- Invoice Payments
- Automated integration for the following business object from Coupa into PeopleSoft:
- Expense Reports
- The integration was done by pushing flat files between the two systems across sFTP sites.