This Fortune 500 freight and logistics services company operates in over 400 locations over 22 countries across North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Their legacy procurement system was outdated and no longer met company goals in managing spend. Coupa was selected to replace the system with a projected 450M+ going through the platform on an annual basis.
The first phase of rollout included all of the US locations. The second phase was expansion into global locations including foreign currency and language support. Coupa is providing customer improved catalog search, robust reporting, and e-invoicing capabilities. Speed of purchasing, significant reduction of paper invoices and speed of payment all contribute to savings and values. The main groups running spend through Coupa are Corporate Services, IT, Fleet and and Facilities.
Efficiency gains on the invoice entry and reconciliation against PO were the key differentiator. All of the customer's suppliers are either connected through Coupa Supplier Network where they flip PO to invoices into the customer's environment or cXML where suppliers are electronically sending invoices. Invoice automation allows fast reconciliation and on time payments to suppliers.
- Users: 2000
- Chart of Accounts: 32
- Currencies: 12
- Punchouts: 12 (Grainger, Adair, Telepress, Arrow Uniforms, Staples, Cellular Accessories for Less, Imperial, Irwin-Hodson, Mercury Promotions, Lyreco, RR Donnelley, Overtoom)
- Suppliers: 400
- Catalogs: 90,000
- Accounts: 3.5 million
- Approval Chains: 1000 (req and invoice)
- 2,000 orders in first month totaling 4.5M
- 1,500 invoices in first month at 815K
- Rollout Time: 7 months
- P2P rollout across US. Global rollout in Phase 2.
Integrations to Oracle via Coupa Standard In-Product flat file:
- Approved Invoices (Coupa to Oracle)
- Invoice Payments (Oracle to Coupa)
- Accounts (Oracle to Coupa)
- Suppliers (Oracle to Coupa)
- Remits (Oracle to Coupa)
- SAML SSO
- Users from PeopleSoft
- Ship-To Addresses into Coupa
- POs from Coupa to Accounting Link for Pcard reconciliation
- Supplier Information Portal
- Grainger and Staples Universal Search