This customer is global alternative asset manager with over $200 billion in assets under management, over 28,000 operating employees and 100 offices in 20 countries. The company has more than 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. The company offers a range of public and private investment products and services, and is co-listed on the New York, Toronto and Euronext stock exchanges.
In Australasia, the group employs approximately 2,500 people and has a reputation for quality, innovation and the successful delivery of major commercial projects. Customer offers clients and investors the benefit of a fully integrated property capability with activities in commercial office, retail, residential, construction, property management and infrastructure.
The P2P processes are at the core of a company’s operations and could be very complex and fraught with risk and inefficiency. With increasing volume of the transactions and accumulation of data, company's Australia legal entity was faced with a number of challenges with the current manual processes and disconnected systems, which impacts the company’s profitability, policy compliance, and operational efficiency. Australian team recognized the importance of having an integrated P2P solution to enhance the company’s capabilities to establish financial risk controls and gain efficiencies; therefore, they decided to move forward with the P2P project focusing on the Australia local business and its requirements.
- Touchless Invoices (2/3 way match on receipt) - 60%
- Process Compliance - PO raised before spend is committed (PO Backed Invoices) - 80%
- Invoice to payment cycle - 15 days
- Target approval cycle time - 24 hours
All targets withing 90 days post go live.
- 150 Users at Go-Live
- 10,000 budget codes
- 845 Account Validation Rules
- Over 3,000 Suppliers
- 3 Chart of Accounts
P2P + SIM (Supplier Information Management) implementation project commenced in July 2016. The primary objective was to implement an integrated platform to manage the end-to-end P2P process encompassing Vendor Management, Purchase Requisitions, PO creation, Goods Receipting, Invoice Processing, Payment Processing and Reporting and Analytics. The project went live in March 2017 with 2 pilot sites in Sydney and Melbourne, 2 cost centers in Corporate and 220 vendors. The system had then subsequently been rolled out to the rest of the sites across Australia in the following months and includes onboarding with 3000+ suppliers.
- Flat file integrations between Coupa and MRI, the main financial system.
- API integration between 1800BServe (the tenant request system) and Coupa.
- Automated integration for the following business objects from MRI into Coupa:
- Payments (MRI to Coupa)
- Requisitions/Work Orders (1800BServe to Coupa, API)
- Automated integration for the following business object from Coupa into MRI:
- Supplier (SIM) (Coupa to MRI)
- Accruals (Coupa to MRI)
- Ok to Pay (Coupa to MRI)