This case study is about an independent oil and gas company that focuses on the activities of acquiring, developing, exploring and producing oil and gas properties primarily in the United States.
The implementation not only entailed configuring Coupa to align with business processes, but a complete business process transformation from a paper-based system to electronic requisitioning, approving, ordering, and invoicing with Coupa.
Coupa is successfully being used for requisition, approvals, budgeting, purchase orders, receiving, invoicing, and reporting for both direct and indirect spend. To streamline their invoicing process, we have also integrated with their scanning solution to allow for scanned invoices to be fed into Coupa via an integration point.
- User Licenses: 875
- GL Accounts: 1,775,000
- Budget Lines 1,600
- Suppliers: 6,000
- 5 Integration points with Excalibur
- Inbound Invoices from Kofax
- Implementation Time: 8 Months
After 16 days in production:
- $168 million dollars in Invoice Spend
- $18 million dollars in Purchase Order Spend
- 962 Purchase Orders
- 7,190 Invoices
- Automated integration for the following business objects from Excalibur into Coupa:
- Invoice Payments
- Automated integration for the following business object from Coupa into Excalibur:
- Automated integration between Coupa and Scanning Solution (Kofax):
- Inbound Invoices
- The integration is done by pushing flat files between the two systems across sFTP sites
- Supplier Invoices are fed into Coupa directly by suppliers per PIDX Standards