This section of integrate.coupa.com helps clients understand best practices and considerations when integrating with SAP. Our customers typically use one of these approaches:
- Standard Flat Files - A standard file format is available for all master and transaction data objects typically integrated between Coupa and SAP. It can be leveraged by customers who have the resources available to translate between Coupa’s format and the formats needed for SAP.
- Coupa API - Our standard REST-based APIs can be used by customers who would like to implement more sophisticated integration. It is a common approach for those customers with a middleware platform and resources available to orchestrate integration between Coupa and SAP.
Many of our customers mix and match integration methods to provide an optimum model for integration. For example, you may leverage standard flat-file formats for inbound master data and utilize the flexibility of the API for outbound transactions. The method(s) chosen will vary from customer to customer and Coupa will provide guidance as part of the implementation process.
Whichever method you choose, it is extremely important to properly model the data in your Coupa instance to ensure proper support for you business processes in SAP. The following sections will help you begin to think through these important decisions.
- Accounting Data from SAP to Coupa
- Vendors from SAP to Coupa
- Users/employees from SAP to Coupa
- Accruals from Coupa to SAP