- Change a Supplier's details in the ERP / Procurement system.
- The ERP Connector platform should trigger an API call to Coupa with the Supplier GET API to query the Supplier’s
<name> that you need to update (based on “name”, for example, but any queryable field/tag can be used depending on business scenario).
- The ERP Connector platform should trigger a Coupa PUT API to update the Supplier in Coupa using the Supplier
- Ensure that you get a 200 API response and it is logged in your ERP Connector platform logging engine. If you get a different API response (for example, 400) error, the API error (returned on API response
<errors><error>tag(s)) must be logged in the ERP Connector platform logging engine and a notification must be sent to the relevant person to investigate.
- Validate that the Supplier's details are modified correctly in Coupa.
In this example, a Supplier is queried based on the Supplier's
TEST_SUPPLIER); then the API response Coupa Supplier
<id> is used to update the Coupa Supplier with a new name.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <suppliers type="array"> <supplier> <id type="integer">540</id> <created-at type="dateTime">2016-08-29T09:04:31Z</created-at> <updated-at type="dateTime">2016-09-07T12:19:04Z</updated-at> <name>R15_TEST_SUPPLIER_10</name> <display-name>R15_TEST_SUPPLIER_10</display-name> <number>R15_TEST_SUPPLIER_10</number> <status>active</status> <website /> <po-method>prompt</po-method> <po-change-method>prompt</po-change-method> <payment-method>invoice</payment-method> <cxml-url /> <cxml-domain /> <cxml-identity /> <cxml-supplier-domain /> <cxml-supplier-identity /> <cxml-secret nil="true" /> <cxml-protocol /> <cxml-http-username /> <cxml-ssl-version /> <disable-cert-verify type="boolean">false</disable-cert-verify> <po-email>adam.zsinko+CSNtest@coupa.com</po-email> <account-number /> <duns /> <tax-id /> </supplier> </suppliers>
Take the Supplier's
<id> from the response payload (
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <supplier> <name>SubWay-New-101</name> </supplier>
Change a Supplier's details in the ERP / Procurement system.
The ERP Connector platform generates a CSV flat file containing the changes that you want to see in Coupa.
The ERP Connector platform places the CSV file to the
/Incoming/Suppliersfolder on the Coupa sFTP site.
- Once the scheduled job picks up and processes the file, validate that the Supplier's details are updated correctly in Coupa.
Place the CSV file to the
/Incoming/Suppliers folder, where the file is picked up and processed in 5 minutes, and validate that the Supplier's details are updated.
For a sample file, see modify_supplier.csv.
The CSV flat file upload is monitored in Coupa at
https://<instance>/data_sources. Coupa sends a notification to Coupa Admin on an upload failure, and Coupa Admin needs to investigate further.