The first step in the Lookup Value maintenance process is to create a Lookup Value in Coupa based on the Finance / Procurement Chart account data.
Each Finance / Procurement system can store different levels of Lookup Value information in form of COA segments, so ensure that you can incorporate all Coupa standard fields/tags by default and you have the flexibility in your tool to allow custom fields if required.
- Create a Lookup Value (COA segment) in the Finance / Procurement system.
- The ERP Connector platform should trigger an API call to Coupa using POST API to create a Lookup Value with your ERP Connector platform.
- Ensure that you get a 201 API response and it is logged in your ERP Connector platform logging engine. If you get a different API response (for example, 400) error, the API error (returned on API response
<errors><error>tag(s)) must be logged in the ERP Connector platform logging engine and a notification must be sent to the relevant person.
- Validate that the new Lookup Value is created and all Lookup Value details are added correctly in Coupa.
In this example, we are inserting a Lookup Value for one of the existing Lookups in Coupa. We are not using any Coupa system IDs for any of the reference objects.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <lookup-value> <name>TestAccount2</name> <description>DescAccountNo2</description> <external-ref-num>ExtRefAccnt2</external-ref-num> <external-ref-code>ExtRefAccnt2</external-ref-code> <active>yes</active> <lookup> <name>Account</name> </lookup> </lookup-value>
- Create a Lookup Value in the Finance / Procurement system.
- The ERP Connector platform generates a CSV flat file from your ERP Connector platform for a new Lookup Value. (The file must have at least the mandatory fields populated.)
- The ERP Connector platform places the CSV file to the
/Incoming/LookupValuesfolder on the Coupa sFTP site.
- Once the scheduled job picks up and processes the file, validate that the new Lookup Value object is created and all Lookup Value details are added correctly in Coupa.
Place the CSV file to the
/Incoming/Lookup Values folder, where the file is picked up and processed in 5 minutes, and validate that the new Lookup Value is created.
For a sample file, see create_lookupvalue.csv.
The CSV flat file upload is monitored in Coupa at
https://<instance>/data_sources. Coupa sends a notification to Coupa Admin on an upload failure, and Coupa Admin needs to investigate further.