System integrators and integration admins can develop systematic updates using common flat file formats (CSV and ZIP) passed between Coupa and third party systems to synchronize and transfer records of Users, Suppliers, Items, ERP Accounting, Account Codes, Exchange Rates, and more. See Integration Schedules and File Names for information on how and when file transfers are made.
Details follow on how to use this common format for bringing data into and out of Coupa. How you may handle custom fields for both import and export is also described.
Import (Data from CSV to Coupa)
Custom fields and values in the CSV file enables data transfer and load to custom fields in Coupa. These can be customized in the individual customer's integration configurations. For inbound files the column names for custom fields should be the English locale 'prompt name' of the custom field in Coupa. Any custom fields that are not mapped to a custom field in the instance should be omitted from the file.
Export (Data from Coupa to CSV)
Custom fields on the exported CSV files allow additional data to be included in the outbound CSV file. The main use of the custom fields on the CSV is to pull in data from Coupa's custom fields, but it can also be used to pull data from related objects not included in the default output format.
- Integration Schedules and File Names
- Coupa's standard integrations run on a periodic basis to determine if any data needs to be integrated.
- SFTP Overview
- Use our SFTP to send and receive flat files using a SSH key or standard authentication.
- Standard Flat File Export Configurations
- Coupa standard flat file export configurations support the following cron expressions.
- Using the Flat File Format
- Learn about our flat file format and the conventions to we use.