The Invoice Payments Import process read files from the
InvoicePayments folder in the SFTP. These files will be moved to the archive folder located at
./Archive/Incoming/InvoicePayments/ before being processed in Alphanumeric order. Flat Files are then transformed to Coupa's XML format.
In the standard integration, a validation routine determines whether a payment has already been applied to an invoice by comparing the payment date, check number, and amount fields to the payment record.
Void/Check Cancelations: The Coupa Integration does not support deleting or voiding a check directly. The best practice in this scenario is to create a new 'payment' for negative the amount of the check to cancel. The check # can be the same or have a string such as 'Void' appended.
Coupa finds invoices in approved status and scope based on the following criteria:
- If the Invoice ID / Number is provided, only the Invoice ID / Number is matched.
- If the Supplier Name and/or Supplier Number is provided, Coupa searches for the supplier.
- If a matching supplier is found, Coupa uses the supplier as a filtering criterion.
- If a matching supplier is not found, Coupa does not include the supplier as part of the scope.
- If the Invoice Date is provided, Coupa scopes approved invoices to that invoice date.
- The Invoice Date is needed if a customer reuses the same invoice number for different calendar years.
- Coupa will create a payment only if exactly one invoice is found from the above queries.
Invoice payments can't be updated via Integration.
Invoice payment columns
|Column Name||Description||Req'd||Unique||Type||Allowable Values|
|Supplier Name||Supplier Name. Include at least the suppler name or number.||TRUE*||FALSE||string(100)||any|
|Supplier Number||Supplier Number. Include at least the supplier name or number.||TRUE*||FALSE||string(255)||any|
|Invoice Number||Invoice Number||TRUE||FALSE||string(40)||any|
|Invoice Date||Invoice Date of invoice related to current payment||FALSE||FALSE||any|
|Invoice ID||Database ID of the invoice||FALSE||FALSE||any|
|Expense Report Id||Expense Report Id||FALSE||FALSE||any|
|Paid||This is the paid field on the invoice header. It's set to a true or false value.||FALSE||FALSE||boolean||true,false/Yes,No/Y,N/T,F|
|Paid-in-Full Date||Paid-in-Full Date||FALSE||FALSE||datetime||YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS+HH:MM|
|Paid-in-Full Note||Paid-in-Full Note||FALSE||FALSE||string(255)||any|
|Check Amount Paid||Check Amount Paid||FALSE||FALSE||decimal(32,4)||any|
|Check # / Note||Check # / Note||FALSE||FALSE||string(255)||any|
|Check Payment Date||Check Payment Date||FALSE||FALSE||datetime||YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS+HH:MM|
* One of Supplier Name or Supplier Number is required.