The Coupa Community is an online resource for customers and partners to interact with each other and with Coupa.
- Ask Questions of other Coupa users as well as Coupa employees, about functionality, best-practices, implementation approaches, etc.,
- Submit Ideas for Coupa feature enhancements.
How It Works
The Coupa Product Management team is very active on the Community and all product teams have goals around participation and engagement with the Community. In addition to creating new Ideas and Questions, Community members can follow others submissions, make comments on them, and vote for them by clicking Me Too. In the case of Ideas, Coupa Product Managers will change the status of an Idea to Under Consideration, Planned or Implemented as appropriate. Often Coupa Product Managers will suggest alternatives or ask Community members to elaborate on their Ideas or ask how a particular planned feature would best solve customers problems.
Following ideas in the Community is a great way for customers to know what is planned and to influence product direction by explaining the business impact to them of existing and proposed functionality. Another resource are the Statements of Direction where each product team lays out the vision and high-level roadmap for their area.
As of August 2018, the Coupa Community has over 4000 members, 6900 conversations, and 770 implemented Ideas. For the last 6 Coupa releases there has been over 50 Community Ideas implemented in each release. The Community is a very important source of input for Coupa's product roadmap.
Registering for the Community
The Community can be accessed at http://community.coupa.com/ which redirects to https://getsatisfaction.com/coupa. Customers and partners can sign up for an account themselves and do not need to contact Coupa to join. Some notes on signing up:
- Community members should sign up with their work email address.
- A member's account on the Community is separate from other Coupa accounts, so existing logins/passwords will not work automatically.
- Emails from the Community are typically from
noreply.coupaand they occasionally go to spam. Sometimes password reset and invite emails take a while to arrive. Be patient and check your spam folder if an email does not arrive as expected.
Additional Community Best Practices
- Submitting an Idea or Question starts with the search box. The Community is designed this way to see if someone has already submitted something similar and to avoid creating duplicates. With over 6000 conversations, it's always best to start by searching for if a topic already exists. It makes for a better discussion (and more Me Too votes) if Ideas are consolidated.
- The Community allows users to add Categories to Ideas and Questions. The Categories mostly correspond to Coupa product modules as well as some general ones like Support and Networking. It's always best to add the appropriate Category or Categories to a submission.
- Make sure to label submissions appropriately as a Question or an Idea.
- It's important to include the business impact of an Idea with details of why it's important. There will always be more good Ideas than we have time for in the near-term, so understanding the business impact to our customers helps us prioritize.
- Make new Ideas their own topic so they can be discussed and prioritized on their own. There is a chance ideas can get lost if they are added as an aside to a related topic.