What Are They?
Web Forms provide a great way of exploring opportunities to maximize your existing Coupa investment; they're Coupa's version of the Swiss Army knife. For most organizations it's always been a challenge to capture all the “I Need” requests in a single location, especially when it comes to requests for customizable products or services. These kind of requests need to gather additional information that isn’t easy to capture with standard requisition line level fields.
We know that for many of our customers, web forms are a popular way to make requests for items that need customization, services, and needs that require pre-approval.
Web Forms are easy to create and don’t require IT or Consulting services, making them popular for addressing scenarios like:
- Ordering checks, business cards, badges, etc.
- Getting pre-approvals for travel, time off, relocation, etc.
- Requesting marketing, shipping or other types of services
- Internal IT Access requests, on boarding training, etc.
There’s no limit on the number of Web Forms you can create, and it’s easy to use new or pre-existing Content Groups to control their visibility. This makes Web Forms really handy to use.
How They Work
You can find them on the homepage, just under the Coupa search bar. One of our most popular Web Forms is the Business Card Request. Employees use it to order their business cards using fields like Need By Date, Card Style, and providing the typical information found on a business card. Coupa admins can customize the fields for the specific use case, and even pre-populate fields, making the form easier for the end user.
Creating a Questionnaire
To set up a questionnaire you need administrative access to Coupa.
- Go to Setup > Purchasing > Questionnaires and click Create.
- Provide a name, make sure you’ve chosen Web Form in the dropdown, and click Save.
- On the page that opens, add a line with descriptive text, text fields (for user-provided text), or selectors like buttons, checkboxes and dropdowns for users to choose different options.
- When you're done creating a line, click the Save icon at the left.
- You can Save your work without publishing and come back to it later. When you're done adding lines, click Save and Publish.
You’ve now published your questionnaire. It’s available it is available to be used with Web Forms!
If you're looking at using Web Forms or are already using them, we'd love to hear about it in the Coupa Community.