There are two Commercial models for Invoice Compliance: Buyer Validated Compliance and Coupa Validated Compliance.
Commercial Models and Configuration Options
For Buyer Validated Compliance, customers use the base Coupa Invoicing product and are responsible for ensuring that suppliers provide legally compliant invoices. For Coupa Validated Compliance, customers must subscribe to the Compliant eInvoicing and Signature product and in this model Coupa is responsible for creating legally compliant invoices on behalf of the supplier.
Coupa Invoicing provides organizations with a solution for managing their accounts payable (AP) processes.
|Approvals||Dynamic invoice approvals driven off of requester hierarchies and tolerance checks|
|Attachments||Attach invoice scanned image|
|Configuration||Adjusting invoice amounts to reflect shipping, handling, and tax|
|Dashboards||AP Dashboards to manage workload and on-time payments|
|Allowing suppliers to email invoices into the system|
|Provides specific Coupa email address to email invoices to a Shared AP email inbox|
|Fast Entry||Invoice fast entry to reduce invoice processing time|
|Invoice Capturing||Invoice capture through supplier self-service portal, or multiple electronic mechanisms|
|Permissions||Permission-based access to release invoice holds|
|Purchase Orders||Converting POs into invoices automatically|
|Purchase Orders||Create and manage PO and non-PO invoices|
|Taxes||Support for custom tax codes|
|Taxes||Tax at the line level or header level|
|Taxes||Multiple tax lines on invoices|
|Templates||One invoice template for customer to add fields to that single invoice template for their invoice entry needs|
|Templates||Customer internal use to process invoices entered by customer (buyer entered invoice)|
|Templates||Supplier external use where suppliers are located in countries where Coupa does not have a country specific invoice template (see Compliant eInvoicing and Signature for upgrade option for country templates)|
|Tolerances||2- and 3-way matching|
|Tolerances||Applying approval tolerances|
|Tolerances||Configurable tolerance rules|
|Web Forms||For requisitioning non-catalog good and services including AP services|
|Web Forms||Ability to assign a web form to a catalog item|
|File Types||CXML, Flat file, API Integration|
|Supplier Actionable Notifications||Allow supplier to invoice the PO directly from email|
|Supplier Actionable Notifications||Ability for suppliers to provide an alternate term (a dynamic discount offer) at the time of invoice|
|Supplier Actionable Notifications||Add attachments to the invoice|
|Supplier Portal||Create non-PO backed invoice|
|Supplier Portal||Select a PO and create an invoice from PO|
|Supplier Portal||View invoice status information|
|Supplier Portal||Request invoice status to be emailed|
|Supplier Portal||Ability for suppliers to provide an alternate term (a dynamic discount offer) at the time of invoice|
How Buyer-Validated Compliance Works
For countries that require compliance and where Coupa does not yet support the country (Coupa Validated Compliance country) and/or the customer has not purchased the Compliant eInvoicing and Signature product add-on for a Coupa Validated Compliance Country, the buyer (Coupa customer) is responsible for validating compliance:
- Buyer is responsible for entering the invoice into Coupa and/or
- Supplier would create the invoice in Coupa and attach the legal invoice file to the invoice record. The buyer would then be responsible for confirming the legal invoice has been attached and matches the invoice data entered by the supplier. This would be a business process requiring the buyer to manually validate compliance.
Compliant eInvoicing and Signature
How Coupa Validated Compliance works:
Coupa Compliant eInvoicing and Signature provides electronic invoicing for buyers and suppliers in supported countries (Coupa Validated Compliance country). This is “Coupa-Validated Compliance”.
Key capabilities include:
- Provide evidence of the transaction for both buyer and supplier
- Invoice content complies with local regulations in supported countries
- Invoice authenticity and integrity assured with country-specific digital signatures
- PDF Invoice presentation for supplier created invoices
- Country specific invoice forms with related compliance checks for:
- supplier external use where suppliers are located in countries where Coupa has a country specific invoice template. This results in a supplier entered legally valid invoice as the output.
For the avoidance of doubt, this capability adds the ability for suppliers to electronically create an invoice without backing invoice documentation (i.e. invoice attachment). This invoice would then be legal for the country in which they are doing business.
For any country in which Coupa does not provide a compliant invoice template (non-supported country):
- buyers would be required to enter the invoice into Coupa and/or
- the supplier would create the invoice record in Coupa and attach the legal invoice file to the record. The buyer would then be responsible for confirming the legal invoice has been attached and matches the invoice data entered by the supplier. This would be a business process requiring touch by the supplier.