CoupaCoupa uses Boomi as the middleware to generate and send EDI documents to suppliers. Coupa has 24x7-monitoring agents that continuously manage our production environments. If an issue is detected, an alert goes out immediately to the Coupa Integration Support team to investigate and resolve the issue.Coupa has 24x7-monitoring agents that continuously manage our production environments. If an issue is detected, an alert goes out immediately to the Coupa Integration Support team to investigate and resolve the issue.
This document provides customers information about our EDI monitoring process for purchase orders (aka EDI 850) and explains how we’ll work to resolve the issue.
1. Issue Detected
CoupaCoupa monitors integrations to ensure they are running on schedule and working as expected with zero errors. The key jobs are:
- Coupa sends purchase order to Boomi: This job runs every five minutes and picks up new, fully approved purchase orders from Coupa and sends them to Boomi.Coupa and sends them to Boomi.
- Boomi sends status update to CoupaCoupa: When Boomi processes a PO, a status update is sent to Coupa acknowledging receipt. Coupa sends the PO in XML format.Coupa acknowledging receipt. Coupa sends the PO in XML format.
- Boomi generates EDI 850 (PO) doc: Boomi translates the XML into the EDI 850 PO format per predefined mappings.
- Boomi sends EDI 850 to Supplier: Boomi sends the EDI 850 file to the supplier’s profile which is preconfigured in Boomi.
2. Support Alerted
If the system detects an issue with any of the jobs, an alert is triggered from Boomi, notification scripts, or AwayFind and is sent to the Integration Support L1 team.
3. Support Takes Action
L1 acknowledges the alert within 15 minutes of receipt and starts working on the issue by going through their run books. If the acknowledgement is not received within 15 minutes, the alert is re-sent to L1.
If L1 integration support can’t resolve the issue, they escalate it to L2, who tries to resolve the issue. The issue will continue to be escalated through L4 if it cannot be resolved by a lower team. Once we resolve the issue, support will document the resolution and share it with the other support levels.
If the issue is solved by L4, L3 is still responsible for taking remediation steps.
If L4 can’t resolve the issue, we’ll escalate it internally, based on issue type.
4. EDI 850 Retransmitted
Boomi sends EDI 850 to supplier. Coupa was able to connect to the FTP or AS server, and drop/transmit the EDI 850 file successfully.Coupa was able to connect to the FTP or AS server, and drop/transmit the EDI 850 file successfully.
5. Alert Resolved
Communication is sent to customer via ticket if there’s an error.
- The PO is re-sent if requested by customer.
- The ticket is closed.
If the issue was resolved quickly and there was no system issue, the alert is resolved and no customer communication is required. If there was an issue, Integration Support creates a ticket informing the customer and requests that the customer follow up with the supplier to ensure the PO was successfully received.
- Customer reaches out to the supplier and confirms whether the ticket can be closed.
- If the PO was not received, Coupa will re-send the PO. The ticket is closed only after positive confirmation.
- If the supplier wants the PO re-sent for any other reason, the customer will re-send through the Coupa UI.
The steps are as follows:
- Revise the PO to be re-sent.
- Uncheck the EDI Exported checkbox.
- Click Submit.
- The PO is sent to Boomi when the next job runs.