When setting up your remit-to address, your VAT ID must begin with ATU, followed by eight digits. For example: ATU12345678
All tax amounts must include the
alternateCurrency attributes. The alternate currency must be set to
See Providing Amounts in Local Currency for more info.
Invoice content requirements
|Invoice Content Field||Mandatory/Conditional||Comments|
|Supplier Name||Mandatory||The full name of the supplier|
|Supplier Address||Mandatory||The address of the supplier|
|Supplier VAT ID||Conditional||The VAT ID-number of the supplier|
|Supplier Co. Reg. Num.||Mandatory||The supplier's Company Registration Number (or number of registration for a branch)|
|Supplier Place of Reg.||Mandatory||A precise indication of the seat of the company|
|Buyer Name||Mandatory||The full name of the buyer|
|Buyer Address||Mandatory||The address of the buyer|
|Buyer VAT ID||Conditional||The VAT ID-number of the buyer|
|Invoice Date||Mandatory||The date of issue of the invoice|
|Date of Supply||Conditional||The date of the supply of the goods/services|
|Invoice Number||Mandatory||The number under which the invoice is mentioned in the sales journal of the supplier.|
|Delivery Date||Mandatory||The date of the delivery of the goods/services|
|Currency||Mandatory||The currency in which the VAT amount is expressed|
|Local Currency Tax||Conditional||The tax expressed in local currency|
|Exchange Rate||Conditional||The value of local currency for the purpose of conversion to EUR|
|Net Total||Mandatory||Amount payable (VAT excluded)|
|Tax Total||Mandatory||Amount of VAT payable|
|Gross Total||Conditional||Amount payable (VAT included)|
|Quantity||Mandatory||The quantity of the goods supplied or the extent and nature of the services rendered.|
|Description||Mandatory||The description/nature of the goods or services|
|Taxable Amount||Mandatory||Mandatory per VAT rate or exemption (expressed in Euros)|
|VAT Rate||Conditional||Applicable VAT rate (per good/service)|
|VAT Amount||Conditional||VAT Payable at line level|
|Any others, please specify:|
|Cash Accounting Scheme||Conditional||
The principles of cash accounting means that VAT is recorded when it is received; in contrast with the standard VAT accounting scheme where VAT is recorded on the date of issuing or receiving a VAT invoice, regardless of when (or if) the payment is made.
|Reference to the reverse charge mechanism||Conditional||The Reverse Charge Mechanism shifts the responsibility for the reporting of a VAT transaction from the supplier to the buyer of a good or service|
|Reference in case supply is exempt from VAT||Conditional|
|Indication of Company Liquidation||Conditional|
|Registered Seat||Mandatory||The location of the Companies Headquarters|
|Registration Number||Mandatory||Companies Registration Number|
|Court of Registration||Mandatory|
|Early payment discount||Conditional|
The following extrinsics are required to send a compliance-assured Austrian invoice. You may require additional extrinsics specific to your industry or billing situation:
Other extrinsics may be required based on your specific invoicing scenario. See Adding Extrinsics to Your Invoice for more info.
Article type: Reference
- AT Simple Backed Invoice (Quantity Based)Sample cXML quantity-based, PO-backed invoice and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Simple Unbacked Invoice (Contract Based)Sample cXML contract-based unbacked invoice and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Simple Backed and Unbacked Lines Service Invoice (Amount Based)Sample cXML amount-based, invoice with backed and unbacked lines and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Simple Credit Note for Backed InvoiceSample cXML credit note for backed invoices and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Simple Credit Note for Unbacked InvoiceSample cXML credit note for unbacked invoices and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Invoice with Payment TermSample cXML invoice with payment terms and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Invoice with Multiple Lines and PO ReferencesSample cXML invoice with lines that reference multiple PO's, and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Invoice with Header TaxationSample cXML with header taxation and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Invoice with Line Level TaxationSample cXML with line level taxation and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Invoice with DiscountSample cXML with a discount and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Invoice with Header Charges (Shipping, Handling, Misc)Sample cXML invoice with charges like shipping, handling, and misc at the header level, and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.
- AT Invoice With Custom Fields (Extrinsic)Sample cXML with custom fields (a.k.a. extrinsics) and the corresponding PDF version for Austria.