The following is a process workflow for purchase orders (POs).
- The user logs into Coupa.
- The user adds (punchout, catalog, or non-catalog) items to a requisition.
- The user submits the requisition for approval.
- Once the requisition is approved, Coupa generates a PO and sends an OrderRequest cXML to the supplier.
- The supplier receives the cXML and sends an OrderResponse cXML to Coupa.
- The supplier processes the order, delivers it to the user, and bills the user.
For more info, see integrate.coupa.com.
When a PO fails to transmit to the supplier, the Coupa system immediately sends an email with details to the buyer admin. Read the rejection description from the supplier carefully.
The most common errors are the following:
- PO failed: 5xx or 4xx error response
- PO failed: There was an error connecting to the supplier. The problem is most likely in the PO transmission method for supplier.
- PO failed: No status element in setup response:
- PO failed: Setup request failed: 4xx Login name is not available
- PO failed: Connection to supplier failed: 400 Bad Request
- PO failed: Connection to supplier timed out
- PO failed: the connection request failed. undefined method `send_via_cxml!' for XX (connection timeout)
- PO failed: the connection request failed. undefined method `send_via_cxml!' for XX (no status returned)
- PO failed: No status element in setup response: ok