Remit-to locations let your customers know where to send payment for their invoices. You can create a single remit-to address for each customer or assign the same one to multiple customers.
Not all your customers may be enabled to use remit-to addresses, but it is generally required on invoices.
To send compliant invoices through any channel, you first need to set up a remit-to address in the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) by following these steps:
- Ask the customer to send you an invitation to the CSP.
- Register or log in to the CSP at http://supplier.coupahost.com.
- Go to the Admin page.
- Select Remit To.
- Click on Add Remit To.
- Give your remit-to address a name and a code. The name should make clear the address and tax registration being used. The code is used when generating your cXML.
- Select the country from the drop-down list.
- Adjust the Tax Country to match the country in which you are tax registered, if it differs from the physical address.
- Fill in the information.
- If you are not VAT-registered, you can enter a local tax number instead of your VAT Registration Number by selecting the checkbox.
- There are additional subsections for Bank Information and Remit To Contact, which may have mandatory fields in some jurisdictions.
- Choose the customers where this remit-to address can be used.
- Click Add.
- Repeat as necessary until all remit-to addresses are set up.
If you try to raise an invoice through the CSP or a Supplier Actionable Notification (SAN), and you have not created any remit-to addresses, you are prompted to add a remit-to address before continuing.