Coupa Treasury is a powerful treasury management system with over 20 years of history serving the treasury departments of major international corporations.
The new and classic Coupa Treasury interfaces
We are currently enhancing Coupa Treasury with new and expanded functionality. Part of this enhancement involves implementing a new, streamlined interface. As that development continues, some features are available in the new Coupa Treasury interface. Other features remain in the classic Coupa Treasury interface. With each software release, more features are added to the new interface.
Throughout the articles below, you will see a combination of classic and new Coupa Treasury pages. Whenever we refer to a page in Coupa Treasury, it is marked (classic) or (new) to show whether it is in the classic or the new interface.
Coupa Treasury Basics
Your Coupa Treasury has its own URL, specific to your company. Enter the address into your browser to load the login page.
Your system admin or treasury consultant provides you with your user name and password. Enter them on this page.
The first time you log into Coupa Treasury, it prompts you to choose a new password. Your system admin may require you to change your password periodically and may specify length and character requirements, according to your organization’s security policies.
For some customers, this page also features a single sign on (SSO) link below the Log In button. If so, you can simply click the SSO link instead of entering your user name and password.
After logging in, you arrive at the Coupa Treasury Start Page.
The Start Page has widgets, such as Announcements, Logged On Users, and Event Calendar. There, you can see notifications about recent activity in the system.
The left navigation pane gives you instant access to every part of the system. The navigation pane is on every page in Coupa Treasury. The following areas are in the navigation:
- Home button: Click the Coupa Treasury icon at the top of the navigation pane to return to the Start Page.
- Search: Type a search term to find any page in Coupa Treasury. The smart search gives results from partial entries. It also learns where you are most likely to navigate from any place in Coupa Treasury and suggests pages according to your history. Use Shift + S to open the Search function at any time.
- Bookmarks: Link directly to pages and page views in Coupa Treasury.
- Reporting: Classic reports and the new custom reporting feature.
- Banking: Manage your bank connections and relationships, process payments, prevent fraud, and manage trade finance.
- Treasury: Perform daily cash management, manage and match financial instruments, and generate accounting reports such as valuation and interest accruals.
- Planning & Risk: Create and manage long-term liquidity plans for the purpose of cash forecast, FX hedging, and debt management. Run risk reports including scenario analysis and value at risk.
- Recon & Netting: Perform intercompany netting and reconciliation, including dispute management.
- System: As an administrator, you can configure system-wide data, such as users, participants, and market data. The category also contains system settings and change logs.
At the top right of every page in Coupa Treasury, you can see the user toolbar.
The tools here let you manage your user experience:
- Share your current view with another Coupa Treasury user (only available in the new interface).
- Toggle between the new and classic interface.
- See information about Coupa Treasury, including your version and license numbers.
- Check the event calendar for notifications.
- Visit the Coupa Community Treasury hub.
- Access the online user help.
- Manage your user settings, access your personal inbox, or log out of Coupa Treasury.
The following widgets are available for Coupa Treasury:
- Announcements: Internal customer announcements and highlights in each new software release.
- Messages: Shows system messages and messages from other users.
- Favorites: Links to your favorite pages and page views in Coupa Treasury.
- Event Calendar: Shows event notifications for a date.
- Logged On Users: Shows all users within your organization currently logged into Coupa Treasury.
- Twitter: Allows you to display a Twitter feed on the home page.
At the top of each page, Coupa Treasury shows a trail of breadcrumbs, so that you always know where you are in the system.
In this documentation, we show the breadcrumbs for each page, so that you can see where you are in the system.
Filters and Columns
All data in Coupa Treasury is shown in tables.
Filters control the results shown in a table.
Columns control the type of data shown in a table.
The Classic Coupa Treasury interface
On pages in the classic Coupa Treasury interface, there is a section at the top named Filters. Usually, there is a section named More Filters, which is collapsed by default. Expand it to access these filters. Enter criteria for a filter to apply that filter. Click the Refresh button to show the updated results.
By clicking a filter name, you can activate or deactivate the corresponding column in your table. Dark text shows an active column. Grey text shows an inactive column.
The New Coupa Treasury Interface
Pages in the new Coupa Treasury interface refresh automatically. There is a Refresh button, but it is for manually refreshing the page. For example, the page refreshes automatically when you make a change to the layout. But if another user enters data into the system, the page does not automatically refresh. In that case, you can use the Refresh button to reload your table and show the new data.
They also have separate controls for filters and columns. The Filters bar is above the table.
Click the down arrow in any filter to open the filter menu. Different filters have different options, such as single selection, multiple selection, or free text entry. The table refreshes after you apply filter criteria.
Click the Filters button to open the filters menu. Activate the check-box for a filter to add it. You can then set the filter criteria as needed.
At the top right of your table is the Columns drop-down menu, where you can activate, deactivate, or arrange columns.
Click the Columns button to open the columns menu. Activate the check-box to add a column to your table. Use the grabber to change the order of columns.
Now that you are familiar with the system basics, the next step is to understand the Four-Eyes Principle.