On occasion it may be necessary to change all objects associated with a current user to a new user. This may be needed if an employee leaves the company and they have multiple objects assigned to them.
In addition to the object ownership, the administrator may also opt to send a notification to the new owner and change a user to another in the following functions:
- Supplier Management
- Relationship Management
- Engagement Management
- Product Management
- Evaluation Assignment (all that are not complete only)
- Approval Assignment (all that are not already approved)
- Action Plan Assignments (all that are not completed already)
- Enrollment Assignments
- Assignment Default (only direct settings)
- UDF Values/UDO Values
The process for changing the internal owner of objects from one user to another is:
- Navigate to the Admin tab.
- The Administration page will display. Select the “Change Internal User Ownership/Assignment” link under the Data Management grouping. The Change Internal User Ownership/Assignment page will display.
- Select the current and new owner.
- Select the objects for which the ownership should change.
- Click Save to save the new owner(s). A message is displayed confirming that the change has been made. The option to send a notice of the change to the old and new users will display.
- Click the notification button for the desired user to send the change notification.
Assignments made within a Program, via the Program management wizard will NOT be changed by this feature.
In Enterprise programs, Organization manager assignments or Scorer assignments made inside the program will not be changed. Such assignments will need to be changed by manually editing and updating the program.
In Relationship-based programs, Organization manager and Scorer assignments will not be changed via this feature. Those assignments will need to be changed manually by editing the program.