The process for creating a user defined field is:
- Navigate to the Admin tab.
- The Administration page will display. Select the “User Defined Data Management” link under the Configuration Data Management grouping.
- The User Defined Data Management page will display. Select Add New User Defined Field.
- The Add User Defined Data Field page will display. Select the Object Type and enter a name for the data field. Enter all required fields and any option data you wish to enter
- Click Save to save the user defined field.
Copies of existing UDFs can be created using the “Save As”. This feature allows the user to save the current settings of a UDF, which creates a clone or copy, and rename it, so a new record can be created from duplicating the current. The process for creating a new UDF using Save As is:
- Navigate to the Admin tab – User Defined Data Management.
- Find the Field Name of the UDF to copy.
- Select Save As.
Select the Object on which you would like create the UDF. Enter the new field name.
Click Save to create the new UDF. Click Cancel to exit without saving your changes.
- In order to associate a user defined field with a user defined object, select the name of the user defined object from the Object dropdown list. Please refer to the Administration - Configuration Data Management - User Defined Object Management section of this document for detailed instructions on creating user defined objects.
- UDF field names cannot be changed once the configuration has been saved. To change the name, you must inactive the original UDF and create a new UDF (with the same configuration) using the desired name.
- UDFs cannot be deleted from Risk Assess. In order to remove the UDF from display on the associated object, update the status to Inactive.
- In order to be able to update values in UDOs using the UDO import, a unique key must be identified (either an existing field in the record that won’t change over time or a reference key that is created for the UDF) by configuring the UDF as “UDO Unique Field”. Complex keys may be configured by checking UDO Unique Field on multiple UDFs on the UDO.