A customer can create a supplier in the application to identify and manage any and all third parties with which it engages to do its business. The user can then associate data objects, such as relationships, engagements, candidate suppliers, programs, assessments and enrollments, to the new supplier record.
For example, an IT software management company (customer) delivers its management software to Fortune 1000™ companies. Its software governs, manages and secures these companies’ complex IT environments. The customer wants to investigate a specific third party facilities management provider (supplier) on a monthly basis using a compliance evaluation process. The customer adds this supplier in Risk Assess, and associates a defined program template with the supplier record to measure and monitor the supplier’s performance
To create a new supplier, follow the steps below.
1. Click the Supplier tab.
2. Click the Add New Supplier button to create a new supplier.
3. Complete the required (*) fields, as well as any optional fields preferred.
4. Click the Save button to save the supplier record. Or, to exit without saving the new supplier record, click the Cancel button.
Supplier records can also be created by importing data via a spreadsheet file (Excel).
The following field selection designations are customer customizable. Dropdown lists must be populated via Admin tab > Configuration Data Management section > Setup Data Management.
- Business Type - Setup Data Type: BusinessType
- Supplier Type - Setup Data Type: SupplierType
- Hold Reason - Setup Data Type: HoldReasonType
- Industry Classification - Setup Data Type: IndustryClassificationType
- Classification - Setup Data Type: Classification
- Risk Rating - Setup Data Type: RiskRating
- Supplier Group - Setup Data Type: SupplierGroup
- Administrator privileges are required to create setup data.
- Setting the Auto Approve Compliance flag to “Yes” indicates that all external compliance programs for this supplier will be configured as Auto Approval Programs when the overall result is a Pass. This setting overrides the program definition. This setting defaults to “No”